Adams Exim Private Limited respect your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal information when you:
- visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from);
and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. Important information and who we are
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Adams Exim Private Limited collects and processes your personal information through your use of this website, including any data you may provide when you sign up to our newsletter, or purchase a product or service or take part in a competition.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, gender, marital status, title, date of birth, email address.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, cookie ID’s, web log information, device identifiers and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services, your browsing activity including intended purchases and aborted baskets, completion of surveys, wish-lists, connection information and statistics on your visits to site and page views, the links you click and other actions you take on our services, within our advertising or e-mail content and participation in promotional activity. Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How is your personal data collected
We capture, process and retain personal information from you and any devices you may use when you navigate to a HollandandBarrett.com web or mobile view, by transacting, by registering an account and otherwise interacting with us. We may also collect personal information from you if you physically enter into one of our stores or attend an event.
We may capture customer information, purchase data and browsing behaviour as part of the rewards for life loyalty programme. This is so we can optimise and personalise your experience with HaqeemiHerbs.com.
Some more examples of the different methods by which we collect information from and about you include through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you
- register or purchase our products or services through the site;
- apply to join our rewards for life;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our services or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact our customer service team;
- enter a competition, promotion, survey or complete a questionnaire; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. These machine learning algorithms generate content which they apply to personalising your experience and select more specifically the items you have an interest in as well as supporting general service optimisation including bid/ markdown automation. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
We may allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on). Where this information is received by us, we will use this information to further personalise your experience with HaqeemiHerbs.com.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Please see point 5 below (Purposes for which we will use your personal information) to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal information.
We may use consent in some circumstances, such as in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message or inside your browser if you have opted to receive these. You have the right to withdraw consent to email and SMS marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button.
5. Purposes for which we will use your information
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal information, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
In general terms, we use the personal information we collect to help Adams Exim Private Limited better understand you and to enable us to personalise your experience with Adams Exim, including offers, promotions and services to meet your needs. We use your information to:
- personalise our services, offers and promotions to you and provide you with a personalised experience on our sites;
- operate your online account and your rewards for life account;
- process your online orders;
- offer you site content that includes items that you might like and to keep track of your basket;
- contact you about your account and tell you about important changes to Adams Exim;
- provide, develop and improve our products and services;
- provide you customer service;
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires; and
- check and verify your identity, and prevent, mitigate or detect and investigate crime, fraudulent or illegal activities;
- process purchases, payments, customer support and order fulfilment.
Note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. If you need details about the specific legal ground, we are relying on to process your personal information where more than one ground has been set out in the table below you can request this information by e-mailing your request for this information to email@example.com.
PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
In general, you will receive marketing communications from us by email, postal mail, SMS, phone or social media if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Adams Exim Private Limited is committed to transitioning over time the basis of its e-mail marketing communications to customer consent. To achieve this, we will be gradually transitioning our lawful basis for processing to consent and will do this in a number of ways and over a period of time depending on how you engage with us, and whether you are new to Adams Exim Private Limited or an existing customer or user of Adams Exim Private Limited products or services.
If you have any questions about how we are lawfully processing your information you can request this information by e-mailing your request for this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any company outside the Adams Exim Private Limited group of companies for marketing purposes.
THIRD-PARTY COOKIES USED FOR RETARGETING
We have relationships with carefully selected third parties who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes – in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. This type of advertising is designed to provide you with a selection of products based on what you’re viewing on HaqeemiHerbs.com, which are presented to you by our business partners when you visit other selected websites. The adverts may highlight products you’ve viewed, alternative styles and colours, as well as products from other categories deemed relevant to your browsing history. The technology behind these adverts is based on cookies.
Disabling these advertisements
We would like to continue to display content that’s relevant to you, however, you can choose to opt out of this type of advertising permanently by deleting our cookies. Please note that if you delete your cookies, we will no longer know that you have opted out, and the banners from us or our other providers from time to time will reappear when you visit other selected websites. You can request more details of our third-party service providers from email@example.com.
You can use your web browser to:
- delete all cookies;
- block all cookies;
- allow all cookies;
- block third-party cookies;
- clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- open a ‘private browsing’ / ‘incognito’ session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data; and
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality.
To find information about controlling cookies see our Cookies Policy.
6. Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal information with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary below.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary below.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want further information on the third parties we use.
7. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data Retention
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In addition, this includes that we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud and resolve disputes. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it securely according to our data retention and deletion policies
When we determine the maximum retention duration of any personal data we hold we do so with regard to our legitimate interests to retain data, our obligation under GDPR to minimise data we hold, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
So that you can make full use of the interactive features on our website, your computer, mobile phone or other device (all referred to here as device) will need to accept cookies.
Here you can see what cookies may be sent to your device by haqeemiherbs.com and what we use each cookie for. You can set your browser to reject cookies, but please bear in mind that if you do this, certain personalised features of this website cannot be provided to you.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website, when visited by a user asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you. This information is then sent back to us on each subsequent visit (“first party cookies”), or to another website that recognises that cookie (“third party cookies”). Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies are also essential to the functioning of certain parts of the site and we use them to collect information about how the site is used, such as how many people visit and return and what products are being viewed. We also use ‘Pixels’, or ‘Transparent GIF files’, to help manage our online advertising. This in turn helps us learn which advertisements are most effective at bringing users to our website.
There are two types of cookies that can be used:
Persistent cookies – these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies – these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Cookies used on the Website
A list of all the cookies used on the website by category is set out here:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, accessing secure areas of the website, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work for example such as shopping baskets or e-billing. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation by remembering your choices to improve your experience. This can include remembering your user name, language, region you are in, text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
If you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Adams Exim Private Limited. Our company registered address is Merlin Regency #T1-G1
25, Dr. Suresh Sarkar Road, Kolkata – 700 014. (India)